Lectures, exhibitions, guitar comparison
LECTURES City Hall K3N Panoramasaal
- Thomas Offermann, Monday, July 30th, 10.45 am “Presentation of D’Addario and Planet Waves products for classical guitar”
- Silvio Schneider, Tuesday, July 31st, 03:30 pm “Mehr Gigs, mehr Publikum, höhere Gagen – Wege der Selbstvermarktung für Musiker” (German lecture)
- Tilman Hoppstock, Wednesday, August 1st, 10.45 am “Polyphony in Bach’s Fugues for Lute”
- NEW: Mag Grgic and Ana Silovic, August 2nd, 2.00 pm “Presentation of EuroStrings”
Admission: 5 €, free for students and day ticket holders
EXHIBITION Stadthalle K3N Foyer
Throughout the festival week there is a large music exhibition in the city hall K3N with the “House of Music Trekel”.
Numerous renowned German and international luthiers present their master guitars.
MASTER GUITARS COMPARED Kreuzkirche
- Monday, July 30th 3.15 pm
- Wednesday, August 1st, 2.00 pm
- Friday, August 3rd, at 5.30 pm
In comparison demonstrations master guitars of different luthiers are subjected to a sound test under concert conditions. One of the instructors plays short sequences on each instrument to compare certain properties as objectively as possible. The results will be discussed with the guitar makers and the audience present.